Please sign in to post.

Hair dryers

No doubt a mundane task but rather than drag around another piece of gear on my RS tour of Belgium/Holland, can anyone comment from their experience whether or not hair dryers are typically provided in hotel rooms? And, yes, I'm pretty much a newbee at RS tours.

Posted by
32701 posts

Most places now. If it isn't on the desk, look on the wall in the bathroom; if not there have a look through the drawers of the dresser; if not there have a look in the closet; if not there ask at the desk if you can borrow one or if they will tell you where they hid it.

Posted by
828 posts

I was on this tour two years ago. All hotels had hair dryers but most of them were the kind attached to walls.

Posted by
16893 posts

I'd say that at least 80% of tour hotels I've stayed in the past few years had hair dryers in the rooms. It's likely (not guaranteed) to be all hotels on the Belgium/Holland tour, as Mary experienced.

Posted by
5835 posts

"Hair dryers" and dual voltage/voltage converter/transformer variations of "Hair dryers" and the like pop up so often you would think that RS or the RS staff would have a FAQ Travel Tip on the subject.