Please sign in to post.

brussels

i am travelling to brussels in two weeks and spending 4 days there. i am trying to find a hotel to stay at that is centrally located. i will be taking the tgv one day to london for a day trip to visit family. my quandry is do i stay near the midi south or stay in a different area. I am looking to spend about 250-300 dollars a night. how difficult is it to get to midi south. i am looking at the pullman midi or the sofitel. my concern is i amreading that the area around midi south is not that great. suggestions?

Posted by
1005 posts

I would not stay near the Midi/Zuid Station. It is a sketchy part of Brussels. Stay near the Central Station instead. You are much more centrally located and in a great part of town. If you like business-class hotels (I usually don't), there is an Ibis nearby Central Station and the Grand Place.

Posted by
111 posts

Train connections run every few minutes between Central and Midi/South station and that ride is covered by any train ticket for departing or arriving in Brussels.

Posted by
12040 posts

"If you like business-class hotels (I usually don't), there is an Ibis nearby" Ibis, a business class? Chain, yes. Business class, not even remotely.