Please sign in to post.

Restaurants in Bruges

I did not see updated restaurant reviews for Bruges. Any would be helpful.
Thanks

Posted by
808 posts

We had a terrific dinner at De Stove. It may have changed owners since we were there, so check recent reviews. The restaurant is small, so reservations were necessary. Stop in for a beer at Café Vlissinghe which has been in business since 1515.

Posted by
6318 posts

In 2018, I had lunch at Gruuthuse Hof and I'm so glad I ate there. It's located just a few minutes from the main square. I had the Flemish beef stew, which just about melted in my mouth, and came with frites and salad. The cappuccino was lovely, as was the apple pie I had for dessert, which was dusted with powdered sugar and served with incredibly rich whipped cream. The customer service was excellent. It was one of the best meals I had in Belgium.

Posted by
798 posts

I heartily second Mardee's comments on the Gruuthuse Hof. We were there a few years ago and had a very nice meal.

I would add that a block north on the Mariastraat at 1c is a place called the Old Chocolate House. We had our lunch/afternoon snack there ... hot chocolate and a Belgian waffle that were simply out of this world.