Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Salzburg?

Looking for either a hotel or Airbnb type recommendation in a nice walking area of Salzburg near old town (we will not have a car and prefer to walk everywhere). Hoping to keep it around $150/night. Bonus points if it’s an Airbnb with laundry available. Thanks in advance!

Posted by
7279 posts

We stayed at the Altstadthotel Weisse Taube last time we were in Salzburg, and the location is very handy. Not sure which month you’re traveling, but May looks to be very close to your price point.

Posted by
808 posts

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Wolf-Dietrich. Our room was in the Residence Building which is across the street from the main hotel. Room was modern, clean, A/C, spacious. Staff was very professional, great breakfast and the hotel is easy walking distance to everything.

Posted by
29 posts

We are staying at the Wolf Dietrich as well. It is expensive that 150/night for our family

Posted by
12172 posts

I stayed at a college dormitory that rents extra rooms. It's great for stretching the budget. I can't recall the name, maybe someone here can refresh my memory? It used to be listed in travel guides (maybe Rick's guide?). In Sound of Music, it's the place Julie Andrews walks out of when she leaves her convent; St. something (maybe Sebastian).

I enjoyed it. It's close to the walkable old center, friendly, includes a spartan breakfast, has self-service laundry for a small fee. It's noticeably clean and quiet (my must-haves). The last time I stayed there, they even squeezed my car into their tiny parking lot.

The downside is it's a dorm. It's not an American standard hotel. The beds are nice, but they are all singles. Unlike much of Europe, they aren't singles that can be slid together. Last time I stayed there it was with my family, they gave us a private room for two (might have had two or three beds) and another room for three for our kids. Bathrooms were shared by blocks of two or more rooms - with their own entrance door.

Posted by
2021 posts

Another vote for the Alstadthotel Weisse Taube. We stayed there this past December for 3 nights and loved it! The location is excellent and you can walk everywhere.