Please sign in to post.

Vienna to Bratislava

Hey all!
I know that Bratislava is only an hour by train from Vienna. Is it more than a day trip? If we go early enough can we see most of it? Thanks, Dan

Posted by
306 posts

We went to Bratislava from Vienna a couple of weeks back as a day trip. It was an easy journey and I feel we had a decent amount of time to explore the city, including visiting the castle. I would highly recommend it. We arrived about 8.30am, and left about 4.30pm - I would like to go back some time and stay overnight, but it was a good introduction.

Posted by
1906 posts

The Bratislover Ticket mentioned in Rick's guidebook has been renamed just to Bratislava Ticket.

This ticket is the right choice, especially because you can use trams and busses in Bratislava.

There are two different train lines going from Vienna to Bratislava, departing alternatively every 30 minutes, one terminating on the left (north) side of the Danube river, the other one on the right (south) side. The train ticket is valid for both. There is a bus connecting the two train stations and the city.

If you want to make most out of your trip you may use either train line for going back and forth.