We have an upcoming trip to Vienna end of March to beginning of April. Our top things we want to see are Neuschwanstein and Prague. (We got cheap tickets for flying in and out of Vienna). It was a bit overwhelming to try and plan out our timeline but we finally put something into place last night. I plan to start booking all that I can ahead of time and wanted to double check things make sense first before dropping the $$. It's our first time in this part of Europe and planning out something like this. Here's the plan:
- Sun - Mon: Arrive in Vienna around 3pm. Rest from traveling and have 1 day to just relax and look around.
- Tues: Rent car from Vienna and travel to Fussen. Plan to make stops along the way as all day is set aside for travel. Ideas are welcomed!
- Wed: See Neuschwanstein and castle next to it. Explore surrounding area.
- Thurs: Drive back to Vienna in early morning, return rental car and take a train to Prague to arrive in Prague in evening.
- Fri - Mon: Stay and explore Prague. Our Anniversary is on that Sat so we were wanting to do a evening dinner cruise.
- Mon - Tues: Explore other places in Vienna and then fly home.
Questions I have:
- Does our timeline logically make sense and seem feasible? We were thinking to save $ and time, it'd be easiest to just drive back to Vienna after the castles and return the rental car back from where we got it. Is there a better option we aren't thinking of?
- Best place to buy train tickets/rental cars from?
- Suggestions on places to stay in Vienna, Prague, and Fussen? We've been looking at AirBnbs for Prague.
- Any specific river dinner cruises people would recommend in Prague or other fun things to do there? So far we didn't really have any specific ideas besides walking around and touring the sites.
- We're big foodies and love yummy and fun food! Any great places we need to check out?
Thanks and sorry for such a long post. I appreciate the help in advance!