Please sign in to post.

Vienna Museum Pass

Hi again.

I am a big museum fan and will try to see all the best in Vienna and Budapest during my fall visit.
In my experience, some passes speed entry or save money, some don't help much.

How is this one for Vienna?
Bundesmuseen Card
Does it let you skip the line?

Thanks!
Lee

Posted by
114 posts

My daughter and I spent a week in Vienna at the end of May. We purchased three different museum passes. The first was the Sisi ticket (around 50 euros), which included the Hofburg Imperial Apartments, the Vienna Furniture Museum (exceeded my expectations!), and Schonbrunn Palace. It saved us money, but the main reason we purchased it was because it allowed us to skip the lines at Schonbrunn Palace, which apparently are quite long. We purchased the ticket at the Furniture Museum, and there was no wait at al there. The Treasures of the Hapsburgs ticket was 29 euros and included a visit to the Hapsburg Imperial Treasury and the Kunsthistorisches Museum. The final ticket included some smaller museums - the Austrian National Library, the Globe Museum, the Papyrus Museum, and the House of Austrian History with the Ephesus Museum. We looked at the Bundesmuseen and decided that we wouldn't go to all of the included museums. The tickets we got made sense for us, and then we went to Belvedere on a regular ticket. We didn't have any lines at the end of May/beginning of June, although Schonbrunn was incredibly crowded, and we may have had to wait there without the Sisi ticket.

Look at where you plan to visit and decide whether a particular ticket makes sense for you. And have a great time! We loved Vienna - it's a museum lovers paradise!

Posted by
622 posts

during my fall visit

During the off-season skip-the-lines fees are usually not necessary. And, it's usually ticket sales lines that are long and they can be skipped by purchasing your tickets online. If a musuem has timed entry (which I recall the Upper Belveder has) then there is no line skipping.

On my visits to Vienna I never bought any type of museum pass or card as it didn't seem to save enough on the places I went to for the cost of the card. Your plans may be different.

Posted by
97 posts

Thanks for the replies. I get the sense that in the fall, it will be less crowded, and a pass is not needed.

Happy travels!