Please sign in to post.

Vienna Hotel

We will be flying out of Vienna on a 10:30am flight so we are thinking to stay closer to the airport. Any suggestions for reasonable hotels, both in terms of cost and in terms of transportation to the airport.

Comfortable beds a must!!

Posted by
5382 posts

It takes 20 minutes to get from the city center to the airport. To change hotels and to stay near the airport where there are no restaurants (or anything) really makes no sense. We take international flights around 10:30 routinely (just did a few weeks ago) and at 7:30 am there is zero traffic, so you are there before 8:00. Honestly, it would take you nearly 20 minutes to walk from one the airport hotels to the terminal.

Posted by
2026 posts

Pre Covid-19 we returned to Vienna very late at night so chose to go directly to the airport for our morning departure. We stayed at the Moxy. It was very reasonably priced, comfortable room, and food and drink in the lobby area. But Emily would know much more than we do, and it absolutely did take at least 20 minutes and probably longer to walk to the terminal through a series of interminable tunnels and passageways. It has a very young vibe so be prepared to feel even older than you are unless you’re 30 or below. Safe travels.

Posted by
1226 posts

Hi, In December of 2017 and 2019, I had early flights departing Vienna for London at a very early time - earlier than 10:30. In 2017, I shared a cab that my hotel called. In 2019, I joined fellow travelers and walked to the airport bus. I believe the airport opens at 4:30, but that may have changed in covid times.

I am not trying to discourage you from staying near the airport, just confirming that one can stay in the center of Vienna and make an early flight. There was no traffic early in the morning.

Posted by
3847 posts

Another vote for staying in the city center and catching a cab to the airport! Have done it a couple of times, and it worked great.

Posted by
464 posts

We had a morning flight out of Vienna in 2019 and it worked fine to stay in Vienna the night before. The day before our flight we asked the hotel to arrange a taxi to pick us up at the hotel at a specified time on the morning of the flight. We got a good breakfast at the airport.

Posted by
127 posts

Thanks for the question...hopefully it's ok if I piggy back on your question. We have a much earlier flight I believe 7:30am, but will be arriving the preceeding day by train. Is there a nice hotel around the Central Station that would be easy early access to the airport?

Posted by
3961 posts

Are you looking for a hotel in the center of Vienna? We stayed at Hotel Austria in 2019. We were there 4 nights. We would definitely stay there again. It was a quiet location, and close to restaurants & sites. As mentioned up thread the location is just 20 min. to the airport.
https://www.hotelaustria-wien.at/en/

Posted by
5382 posts

Ricki - Have a look at Hotel Daniel (https://hoteldaniel.com/en/vienna/) which is across the street from the Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station). Great breakfast, artsy. Or consider the brand new Andaz, which is in the Hyatt family and has an amazing rooftop (https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/austria/andaz-vienna-am-belvedere/vieaz). Otherwise, you’ll find several budget hotels at the Hauptbahnhof (Ibis, etc). Easy to find those on Booking.com.

Posted by
114 posts

My daughter just stayed at the airport hotel (NH Vienna Airport Conference Center) and it was nice. Super convenient! She had a long day of travel, so it was nice to just walk over and drop onto a bed. We are planning on staying there both when we arrive to Vienna (late night arrival, then moving on to Linze the next morning) in December and the night before we go back to the US. Originally, I was going to keep our hotel in Old Town the night before departure, but hey, if I can sleep for an extra 1/2 hour, I will!

Posted by
437 posts

We have also stayed at the NH hotel at the airport when we were not in Vienna already and had to get there to make an early flight. If we are already in Vienna, we don't change hotels.