Please sign in to post.

Vienna Food Festival - May 2018

We will arrive in Vienna on the last day of their Food Festival on May 13th. Haven't found much on the internet apart from it being located in Vienna's Stadtpark. Does anyone know where we can obtain more information, such as where to buy tickets, can we pay in cash or do they accept credit cards, etc.? Thank you.

Posted by
2602 posts

I googled and it gave me their FB page, which is in German, but seems to say entrance is free. Any time I attend festivals like this I always expect to pay in cash, just in case.

Posted by
1896 posts

There is no entrance fee. Booths and stalls will be placed in the park, offering food and goods from all parts of Austria.

Posted by
5372 posts

It’s called the Genuss Festival. Here’s the link - http://www.genuss-festival.at/. It is in the stadtpark so, as noted, you just walk around for free. I go every year. I am certain you cannot use credit cards. Booths are set up around the park by local producers (cheese, meat, schnapps, etc.) according to the regions of Austria. Most vendors offer free samples in addition to selling their wares. There are also four or five food huts where you can order hot food. What else do you want to know?

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you to everyone who provided their input - very much appreciated - we are good to go!