Please sign in to post.

Vienna Card?

We are staying a few extra days after our final tour stop of Vienna. Is there true value in getting the "Vienna Card"? Thanks.

Posted by
7245 posts

We've been to Vienna twice - 5 days the last time. The Vienna Card is a purchased "discount card" vs. a true city card, i.e. Salzburg Card. So, if you buy the Vienna Card, you still are paying the majority of the admission cost to each location. For that reason, we didn't feel that we'd have an advantage even with the list of places we were going to see.

Vienna's a beautiful city. Enjoy!

Posted by
4684 posts

Personally I didn't think that the discounts were worth enough to justify the cost over normal travel tickets.

Posted by
1895 posts

Most visitors don't stay long enough in Vienna to see so much places to consume the discounts.

Posted by
12 posts

Will be traveling to Vienna in May 2017 and was interested to know of any others who have visited the city at that same time of year.

Posted by
73 posts

I posted this on John's other Vienna Card thread, but I thought I'd put it here, too, in case it would help anyone else who found this thread instead.

There are 2 separate Vienna discount offers, the Vienna Card and the
Vienna Pass and they are completely separate but both worth looking
into to see if one would be a good fit for you.

For our upcoming trip, I made a simple list of what we wanted to see
(used the "Vienna at a Glance" section in Rick's book), a rough idea
of when during the trip (since there are options for different number
of days for the cards/passes) and the cost with or without the
discounts.

For us, a 2 day Vienna Pass was a clear cost savings but for other
people, that might not be the case. It really just depends on what
you're planning on seeing.

Posted by
3240 posts

I'm another one who had a great experience with the Vienna PASS. We bought the 6 day pass in 2015 and ran out of time before we ran out of museums. I wish the Belvedere had been included though.