Please sign in to post.

Vienna Airport

I need input from those with experience at the Vienna Airport...if this is my first stop in the Schengen Area, I'm trying to figure out how long it will take to get me on a train at the airport's rail station after disembarking, so I'll need to go through immigration. There's a train about 2 hours after I'm scheduled to land that I'd really like to catch based on the rail connection I need. The next one after that is another two hours, which I don't want to do.

Never been through the Vienna Airport, so I don't know their reputation for quick/slow immigration lines, how long to get to the airport rail station, etc.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Posted by
5382 posts

2 hours should be enough time if your flight is on time.

Where are you traveling to? There might be more flexible options.

Posted by
20085 posts

Where are you heading? There is an RJX every hour at 3 past the hour going to Salzburg, Innsbruck, and sometimes on to Feldkirch or Bregenz. There is an RJ every hour to Salzburg at 33 past the hour. You can probably get to where you want to go with connection without waiting around 2 hours if you just miss the train you wanted.

Posted by
308 posts

That should be plenty of time. Vienna is a pretty easy airport to get through. Have a great trip!