Please sign in to post.

Vienna airport?

Will be using Easyjet to fly from Vienna to Naples, Italy. Is the airport that Easyjet flys out of the Vienna airport? I know sometimes Easyjet uses smaller/different airports. Thanks!

Posted by
16893 posts

Yes, they fly from VIE, Vienna Intl Airport. It's frustrating that some page views on the EasyJet web site don't show the airport code, but it did appear on their route map screen.

Posted by
50 posts

Have never used the route map. Didn't know it was there. Thank you!

Posted by
8889 posts

EasyJet is usually OK for airports. It is Ryanair you need to double check, they fly from any strip of concrete in the middle of nowhere, as long as it is cheap.

Posted by
32206 posts

Susan,

As Chris mentioned, easyJet normally uses the larger airports and not the out-of-way ones used by Ryanair. In Milan easyJet also uses MXP, but they operate out of Terminal 2. I was in Vienna last year and was departing very early so I used a Taxi to get to the airport. As I recall, there's also the CAT train.

Posted by
1904 posts

There is a train every 15 minutes to/from Vienna International Airport. The train ride is between 16 and 20 minutes, depending on the route. The fare is € 3,90.

The trains run alternating on two routes: one to/from main train station (Wien Hbf), the other to/from center train station (Wien Mitte). The choice depends on where to you want to go in Vienna.

Don't use the CAT (city airport train), it is a rip-off. Use the S7 commuter instead, which goes the same route to Wien Mitte.
The RJ (RailJet) or IC (InterCity) trains go to Wien Hbf.

Posted by
50 posts

Thanks to everyone for the useful information. Sure make travel easier!