Please sign in to post.

Vienna

Thanks to those who replied on VIE airport hotels and train info. I found a less expensive one called Moxy, which says it's a 5 minute walk to the airport. Anyone have feedback on that property? thanks
Jo-Ann

Posted by
4140 posts

This is one of the new trend by major chains - upscale properties at a budget price . I recently stayed at the NH , about two blocks away , but from my personal experience , this looks like a winner . Good choice in my opinion

Posted by
671 posts

We stayed at the Moxy near the Munich airport last September. It was new so very clean, but some of the concepts seemed odd to us (a couple in our early 60s). Perhaps the younger generations appreciate them more. Having the check-in for the hotel at the bar was a bit confusing -- to us as well as the staff, but maybe they were still working out the kinks. The A/C in our rooms didn't seem to work correctly, and with no room phone it was more convoluted to get help than we had the energy for. Stayed one night on our way out as well, and the automatic night light under the end of the bed that is to come on when you get up, went on and off randomly all night. Sometimes technology is not always a positive!. But it was convenient, the bathroom amenities and the bed were comfortable, the price was right, and I wasn't there for a long stay.

Posted by
1901 posts

The Moxy at Vienna Airport was opened less than three weeks ago, so there is no experience yet.

Posted by
509 posts

MOXY is part of the Marriott global empire. Not sure if it started that way. We plan to stay at the new MOXY/Frankfurt Airport later this year. I would hope that the generally excellent Marriott management will work out the kinks going forward. That said, they do bill themselves as low-budget, for the younger, hip crowd (not us) -- but the prices are attractive.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks again. I won't be staying there till July, so I will try to remember to post a review. I did read that it was geared more to the younger crowd, but I will only be there one night before an early am flt home.
Jo-Ann

Posted by
7 posts

Stayed at the Frankfort Airport Moxy last week. It was, as someone mentioned, geared toward a much younger crowd. No restaurant, just refrigerated food options (not cheap) that you have to warm yourself in a microwave. Lobby plays loud, bar music. Staff was in their twenties and inexperienced. It was a cheaper option, though, so as long as you're not expecting a Marriott experience, it'd probably be fine.