Please sign in to post.

Two nights in Vienna

With only 2 nights in Vienna, I am assuming the center would be best location for lodging to maximize our time? Also, what's you favorite hotel there? Do we need AC?
We will be there October 1-3.

Posted by
8141 posts

We always stay at K&T Boardinghouse. It's just 1 Metro stop outside of the Ring, and you can be at St. Stephens in maybe 8 minutes. We first stayed there maybe 20 years ago on Rick Steves' recommendation. Rooms are huge and spotless. The Metro station is just across the street, and there's a thriving street scene closeby. And the price is downright cheap for a major European city. See:
KTBoardinghouse.at

Posted by
3961 posts

Stephen,
We were there last September for 5 nights and stayed at Hotel Austria. It was centrally located, well appointed rooms, quiet, AC, delicious breakfast choices and wonderful staff. We mainly walked and took the tram as needed. hotelaustria-wien.at

Posted by
671 posts

We also stayed at K&T Boardinghouse. It was convenient, clean, comfortable and we enjoyed walking in the area. I don't believe it had air conditioning, but we could open the windows at night for air flow. We were there around the middle to end of September a few years ago.

Posted by
5382 posts

You are from Charleston. Vienna in October will be like winter for you. AC not necessary.

Best location would be in the city center - Innere Stadt. I checked your dates on booking.com. If I were you, I'd choose between Hotel Kaiserin Elisabeth, Grand Hotel Wien, Schlosshotel Römischer Kaiser, Steigenberger Hotel Herrenhof or Hotel Austria. These are all moderately priced for such a good location. They also all have a nice feel as opposed to a chain feel.

Posted by
613 posts

I would not disagree with Emily, but look at Trip Advisor and be sure to get a location close to Metro (U Bahn)