Please sign in to post.

Transferring at Attnang-Puchheim

We are going from Vienna to Hallstatt tomorrow, connecting at Attnang-Puchheim. Our train from Vienna to Attnang is an IC train and our train from Attnang to Hallstatt is a REX train. We only have 12 minutes to connect. For anyone who has done that before, is this enough? Will we be sprinting through the station? I don't know how big the station is and I'm a little concerned since our train from Prague to Vienna was a little delayed.

Posted by
20023 posts

DB is showing you arriving on track 4. Your connection is on 5CE. That normally indicates a cross platform change. The REX train originates there, so it should be sitting there when you arrive. Just walk over to it and get on. Should take about a minute, giving you 10 minutes to get comfortable.

Posted by
19092 posts

German Rail shows the "bhftafel" or schedule board for the Attnang-Puchheim station. It only shows trains using tracks 1-5, so it is not a very large station, and as Sam points out, the connection is likely to be cross-platform. Just make sure you are ready to get off when the train arrives in the station.

This picture shows the station with tracks 4 and 5 sharing a platform.

Posted by
14500 posts

Hi,

I'll be taking the train from Vienna to Attnang-Puchheim in a few weeks and transferring there too.

Posted by
80 posts

Thank you all for the responses! Turned out that the train we needed to transfer to was already there just on the other side of the platform we got off on so it couldn't have been easier :)

Posted by
32198 posts

Alyssa,

It's great to hear that everything went well. Hope you have a great time in Hallstatt. That's one of the most beautiful locations I've seen in Europe.