Please sign in to post.

Train from Vienna to Prague December 2017

Hello, I understand that the train schedule for 2018 (which begins middle of Dec 2017) isn't finalized yet. I was looking to buy train tickets from Vienna to Prague on 12/10 and the schedule is only through 12/9 right now. Does anyone know when the train schedule from 12/10/17 onward will be available? I'd prefer to buy advance purchase tickets if possible.

Posted by
1894 posts

Although the new timetable is still tentative, departure times for international trains are not likely to change very much as they are agreed on long term. What happens more often is that certain connections are cancelled or new connections added.

You must check online from time to time. I just had a look for your date, and tickets for the RailJet at 7:10am to Prague are available, no cheap bargain tickets (Sparschiene) though, maybe because it is the end of a long weekend.

Posted by
24 posts

Thanks, wtm1. I've noticed the OBB site does have a couple now later afternoon now as well. Hoping to leave mid-day though. Unfortunately, the Czech Railjet site still doesn't have any trains showing yet for that date and they seem to be cheaper overall. I guess I'll just keep checking back as it should eventually open up as I get closer.