Please sign in to post.

St. Wolfgang

Hi,

Thinking about a trip next Sept. or Oct. and wondering if anyone has stayed in a lakeside B&B, Pension, etc. that they could recommend. Even a place with lake views would be fine, but would prefer within walking distance to the pedestrian zone of St. Wolfgang.

Posted by
7277 posts

Paul, hope you don't mind a tag along question. Could those replying also let us know how crowded it was in Sept (if you stayed that month)?

Posted by
5381 posts

I have been in the Wolfgangsee area in Sept and didn't find it crowded at all.

As for Paul's question - would you consider other locations in the Wolfgangsee area?

Posted by
2903 posts

Hi Emily,

We visited St. Wolfgang last December and decided that our next trip, we would like to stay in St. Wolfgang itself.

Posted by
782 posts

We have stayed at the Seebocken Hotel on the water in the heart of town and will stay there in Sept 2015,great rooms,service and included breakfast,they also serve excellent dinners,you can dine on the water.
Mike

Posted by
252 posts

Hi, Paul. We just spent 10 days in St. Gilgen back in September. This is our 6th stay in St. Gilgen but we always visit St. Wolfgang when we are there. We enjoy walking around the town and doing a little shopping, but are always glad to get back to quaint, quiet St. Gilgen. I always thought it we ever did stay in St. Wolfgang and could afford it, we would stay at the Romantik Hotel Weisses Rössl. The lobby area is gorgeous.

Posted by
2903 posts

Hi Betty,

I know you're a "regular" in St. Gilgen :)

Thank yo for the info, but we really wouldn't want to stay in a hotel.

Paul