Please sign in to post.

Sound of Music bus tour?

Undoubtedly this has been asked before, but looking for reviews of the Sound of Music bus tour. Thanks!

Posted by
1968 posts

We did this in December and had a wonderful time! We used Bob's Special Tours and did the half day tour. They picked us up at our hotel and the drop off point was Mirabell Gardens. The tour itself was very good as we were told what was real and what was not, details about the filming, and of course visited many of the locations. Our guide, Jonathon, was excellent! There is also an option to do that tour and then do a class at Edelweiss Cooking School. We took a class there on a different day and loved that as well, so I figured I might as well mention it:)

Posted by
10177 posts

We also did the Bob’s tour and enjoyed it very much. We met the tour at their office and they dropped us off at the end of the day at the train station, at our request. The SOM is a special movie in my family and it was a highlight of our trip.

Posted by
5503 posts

We did Panarama and enjoyed it. There are several tours, and I have heard good reviews on tours that anyone has taken. I was really happy to be able to see the “wedding church” in Mondsee. Not all the tours go there.

Posted by
1968 posts

jules m--We went there on our tour as well. We had time to wander the kittle town as well which was nice. We had coffee and pastries at a little place, were able to shop a bit and plenty of time for the church.

Posted by
10177 posts

We also went to the wedding church in Mondsee and had a bit of time to wander around town.

Posted by
2375 posts

I’ve done the Panorama tour 3 times, most recently in 2011. Each one was enjoyable