Please sign in to post.

Salzburg hotel for 170euros/ nite

I’m traveling to Salzburg the last week and half of March for 3 nites. As a single female I’d prefer a hotel closer to the sites. I’ve read that hotels by the train stations are sketchy. Any recommendations for a safe area but not breaking the bank?

Posted by
2026 posts

Check out the Hotel Weisse Taube. We stayed there a few years ago. Great location for easy sightseeing, nice breakfast and friendly hosts. From the train station we took a tram and walked a couple of minutes to the hotel. It is just minutes away from the Cathedral square and several restaurants and shops are close by. I don’t recall what we paid but certain our double room was much less than 170€ per night. We got a lot of use out of the Salzburg Pass. Safe travels

Posted by
677 posts

My family also stayed at the Weiss Taube. We were very satisfied. Great location. Convenient for walking to the sites. Good breakfast. We had a triple room here. Lots of folks out walking in area in the evenings.

Posted by
1900 posts

Not only Salzburg, but Vienna, and all other places in Austria a very safe and walkable in the night. Even near big train stations, where some people may hang around who you won't like to invite to your home, it is no problem for a single woman.

Posted by
8138 posts

Have you considered looking in Booking.com and TripAdvisor.com for rooms?
We have always stayed at B&Bs in Salzburg and found the city compact and very walkable. Our hosts have been perhaps the most friendly of any city we have ever stayed in.

Posted by
3044 posts

170 €/nite? Wow, that's not our kind of stay. We stayed in a very charming private house some distance out of town, but on a bus route. For 2, it was 45 €/night, and we did the last night "on the side" for 35 €. Our hostess was a charming woman. The room was clean and nice. We took the bus in to town, and in the evening, another bus out of town. Considering that we saved 135-145€/nite, I'd do it again. We don't stay in big hotels. On the last night, we switched to an Austria version of "Days inn" (JUFA chain) and again it was quite inexpensive. Possibly a little out of downtown, but not too much really.

Posted by
1166 posts

We have stayed at the Weisse Taube twice and loved the location and hearty breakfasts !

Posted by
1943 posts

Thanks all. I booked the Weiße Taube. Noticed that I will be in town during the Easter festival. How crazy is the city at this time?

Posted by
3843 posts

A little late for the OP, but perhaps helpful to a later reader of this post... I have stayed at Gästehaus im Priesterseminar Salzburg twice in a single room for 67 euro/night. It is just across the river from the Old Town and walkable from the train station (around 15 minutes).

Posted by
782 posts

Better to stay in a nice hotel like Weises Taube than going cheap outside of the town and action after all you already paid to fly there and the most important theme is location, location,location.
Mike

Posted by
5697 posts

In response to Mike's comment about being "outside of town" -- we have stayed across the river from the Old Town but it was definitely IN Salzburg, just five minutes walk away (and closer to the laundromat!) Can recommended Goldenes Theater and Drei Kreuz hotels, both in that area.

Posted by
3044 posts

We stayed in JUFA Hostel in Salzburg. It was maybe 45 E for my wife and I, and it was 3 blocks from the main square in the old city. You don't need to spend a lot.