Please sign in to post.

Salzburg

I'm a single traveler visiting Salzburg from July 11-13 and am looking for accommodations. I'm on a budget so preferably a single room in a Pension hotel. Any suggestions/recommendations? Additionally, is it safe to email credit card information to reserve a room through email?

Also because of the short amount of time I'll will be in Salzburg, any suggestions for "must see or do" things in the city?

Thanks for any help!

Posted by
32212 posts

Have a look at Krone 1512. I've stayed there again not too long ago, and it's an older property but I found the rooms clean and comfortable and it's in a great location.

Posted by
12040 posts

Also because of the short amount of time I'll will be in Salzburg,

Salzburg, for all the attention it gets, has a surprisingly small Altstadt (although the modern city is much larger), and it doesn't take long at all to see. With the exception of the Schloss Mirabell, I saw everything that interested me in less than half a day. The most interesting site for me was Festung Hohensalzburg. I've visited more interesting castles in Europe, but few boast a more magnificent view.

Emailing credit card information to confirm a reservation is standard practice.

Posted by
19099 posts

If you are truly on a budget, let me recommend Hotel Rupertus, in Freilassing, across the river from Salzburg, in Germany. Like so many places in Germany and Austria, it doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is nice enough on the inside, and the price is right. There is a bus stop about a block away; the bus goes from there to the Altstadt in Salzburg. The owner, Herr Chudoba, speaks good English.

By the way, only once have I ever had to send credit card information to a hotel in Germany/Austria/Czechia, and that was to hold a room until I arrived after 6 pm. The website had a secure page for me to submit it.

Posted by
812 posts

I can't speak to your request for information on accommodations. However, in regard to your question regarding emailing credit card info, I totally disagree with Tom. It is not standard practice and it is not safe to do so. You should only send credit card information via a secure site.

Posted by
14529 posts

"...standard practice." It is when it comes to reserving a room at a particular price in this hotel chain in Germany and Austria. You give on-line the hotel site your credit card info that is asked for, (I've done this numerous times, absolutely no problems with anything, ie reservation, getting the discounted price, transaction completed, etc. This transaction locks you in to the discount price per night, say 70 Euro x 6 nights = 420 Euro. If you cancel, you lose 90% of the prepaid price, that's the hotel policy.