Please sign in to post.

Salzburg

My partner and i will be staying in Salzburg for 4 night any suggestions on hotels to stay in close to transport and tourist sites.
John

Posted by
5835 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Mozart two years ago. It is several blocks outside of the pedestrian only Linzer Gasse and north of old town. About a 1 km walk to the central train station, 0.5 km walk to Mirabell Palace, 1.5 km walk to Mozatplatz. And only 0.4 km to the Alter Fuchs (Old Fox).

Bus No. 2 gets you from the Salzburg Airport to a block or two from the Hotel Mozart. We took a taxi at a cost that was not memorable.

Posted by
1166 posts

We have stayed at the Weisse Taube three times and loved the convenience by being in the Old Town and their lovely breakfasts.

Posted by
5678 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Krone 1512 when it was the Hotel Golden Krone and it was a great location. Is is over the river, but's it's a very short walk over the bridge. I liked it a lot. It's looks like it's been upgraded quite a bit.

Posted by
3847 posts

I have stayed at Gästehaus in Priestseminar Salzburg twice. Just across the river from the Altstadt (old town), the priest seminary offers simple, clean, relatively inexpensive rooms in a 16th century building (push open an ajar door in the courtyard and wonder at the amazing stonework that has escaped the renovation of the rest of the building). There is no air conditioning but good Wi-fi. There is generally an English speaker at the desk but not always. There are multiple bus stops nearby.

Posted by
35 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Elefant. Its in the old town area so we were very happy with its location near Mozartplatz. Easy walk to all the sites in this area, which is most of them, including the fortress. Its only a relatively small hotel so it feels personal. There is public transport bus stop close by if you want to go to Burchestgaden for a day.