Please sign in to post.

Obb train ticket

Hi,

We have booked OBB train ticket from Bolzano to Innsbruck for tomorrow. However the ticket does not mention the train time or date. It just says ticket is valid for 1 day. Does it mean I can take any train on that day? While booking the ticket I had selected a particular train for travel. Also no seats are reserved, does it mean we can sit anywhere or need to reserve seats at station?.

Posted by
84 posts

Hi,

What is the route? Which trains have you selected?

"Does it mean I can take any train on that day?"

Yes.

"Also no seats are reserved, does it mean we can sit anywhere or need to reserve seats at station?"

You can sit in any empty seat or make a seat reservation at the station for a few euros.

Posted by
859 posts

https://www.oebb.at/en/

This is the english language version of the OBB website.

https://www.oebb.at/en/reiseplanung-services/kundenservice.html

Customer Service page in English.

Best to ask to be sure, but without details printed on the ticket I would interpret it to give you maximum flexibility. On the other hand, when I call up Bolzano to Salzburg trains for tomorrow it appears that you will have at least one change in Innsbruck and perhaps more. Best be clear on that for the train you do take.

Posted by
33 posts

Sorry it's Bolzano to Innsbruck.

The ticket says as below
UBER-- 3280 FRANZENSFESTE/ For Brenner / Brenner 1181.

Posted by
8889 posts

UBER-- 3280 FRANZENSFESTE

über (note first letter is a ü, not a u) is German for "via".
Franzenfeste (Italian: Fortezza) is a station on the Italian side of the Brenner Pass.
Most of the connections between Innsbruck and Bolzano are regional trains, which have no reserved seats, and require changing train at the border (Brenner Pass)

Posted by
33 posts

Does it mean I have to change train at FRANZENSFESTE? Also is the ticket valid for the whole day or just one specific train?

Posted by
8889 posts

Does it mean I have to change train at FRANZENSFESTE?

No, that is a routing point for calculating the fare. You do have to change trains at the top of the Brenner Pass.
For example:

Bolzano/Bozen depart 28.05.2019 09:02, train R 20710, Brennero/Brenner arrive 10:22
Brennero/Brenner depart 10:33, train Nr. 5345, Innsbruck Hbf arrive 11:11

Also is the ticket valid for the whole day or just one specific train?

From what you have said, it is valid for the whole day. Without actually seeing the ticket I cannot be 100% certain.

Posted by
33 posts

In OBB app the booking is showing time of 7:32 from Bolzano. But in PDF date and time both are blank.

Posted by
84 posts

That's all right. Direct, REX(Regional Express), just hop on and take a seat you like, train terminates in Innsbruck. Simples!

Posted by
2487 posts

The OBB train planner shows whether a connection is direct or not. Look in the column »Changes«. Clicking on the red arrow on the left, gives you the details of the journey, including those of a change of trains, if applicable.