Please sign in to post.

Need optional itinerary in case of rains

We are planning to be in Zell am See, Austria area Sept.13-21 and the weather forecast is showing rains every day. Does anyone know how bad it gets when it rains in this area and whether we should go somewhere else? I was really looking forward to be in the mountains but rains and cold might make the mountains miserable. Any suggestions? Alternate areas in Austria or nearby country?

Posted by
20090 posts

I don't know how accurate a forecast a week beginning 11 days from now is. Certainly, for the next 10 days is doesn't look very good all over Europe where there are mountains. Even Abruzzo does not look very promising.

Posted by
631 posts

weather forecasts for the alps are never accurate this far out, the locals go from day to day. Print the forecast for your dates every 12 hours until you go and see how consistent they are - and how accurate come the day!

Posted by
380 posts

I think you should plan for waterproof shoes, light layers of fine merino and tech fabrics, and a really good, breathable raincoat. Go out anyway. It's as likely to be a fine drizzle as anything, and the mountains have a ghostly beauty at times like these. The smell of the air is incredible. Go and enjoy!

Posted by
114 posts

I was just in Salzburg and it rained two of the four days I was there. We still went out anyway . It did continuously rain the whole day so do get your rain coat , good waterproof shoes.