Please sign in to post.

Looking for Hotel in Salzburg October 2019 trip

Where is a reasonably priced hotel in Salzburg that offers the best bang for the buck? My husband & I are traveling with my brother & his wife during October 2019. We're looking for a hotel where breakfast is included, preferably in the old town area where we are within walking distance to local areas of interest.

Posted by
8094 posts

Salzburg is a city where there are a bunch of bed and breakfasts in walking distance of the popular tourist stops. We always try to avoid hotels when good, clean B&Bs are available. They can be found online or at Booking.com.

Posted by
484 posts

I like to stay in one of the family run hotels in nearby Grodig...good local food and accommodations are fairly priced and fine.
Folks may not be aware of the very good local bus service.. Grodig is just a few minutes away.....

Posted by
5508 posts

It is not in the old town, but very close to the train station. https://www.hotel-hohenstauffen.at/hotels/ It is quite reasonable, clean and a very good breakfast included. Hohenstauffen is family run with helpful staff. It was a nice 15 minute walk along the river to the old town.

Posted by
2299 posts

I also stayed at the Hohenstauffen. The staff was just lovely and the breakfast was really good. When I stayed in 2012 my room looked like a scene out of Mad Men; but recent photos look like they've upgraded a bit. Because of the train station neighborhood, it's not the most atmospheric location (at the time a low key sex shop was across the street) but I never felt unsafe and enjoyed the 15 minute walk to town.

Posted by
1056 posts

Google monasterystays.com. There is a monastery in downtown Salzburg that has been remodeled. Each room has a private bath. There is laundry available, and breakfast is included. It’s a very modest fee to stay there, and I think you would like it.

Posted by
11247 posts

In the old town, we found Hotel Elefant perfect for us. Close to bus from the train station, walkable to everywhere in the central part of the city.

Posted by
3809 posts

I have stayed twice at Gästehaus im Priesterseminar Salzburg and very much liked it. It is just across the river from the Old Town in a gorgeous old building with a nice courtyard. Spotless rooms with en-suite bathrooms. Nice common area with sitting area, table for dining, kitchenette, and laundry. Good Austrian breakfast (included in price of room). Grocery nearby.

Posted by
5697 posts

Goldenes Theater Hotel just across the river from Old Town on Schallmooser Hauptstrasse -- don't miss dinner down the street at Alte Fuchs (Old Fox) for Austrian favorites. Ample breakfasts. Reasonable prices (we have been twice.)