Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Vienna

Hello all. I'm looking for some hotel/apartment suggestions for two night stay in Vienna in May. Would prefer good value in the inner stadt, but finding that a bit costly. Thank you.

Posted by
8091 posts

We've been staying at K&T Boardinghouse for a number of years. If it's good enough for Rick Steves, it's good enough for us.
They're 1 subway stop outside the ring, and you can be at St. Stephens in about 5 minutes.
The Neubaugasse Metro stop is across the street--50 feet away. The Westbahnhof is just a few blocks--walking distance.
The rooms are very large and spotless. The price is also great @ 79 Euros double per night.

Posted by
305 posts

Thanks for quick responses. Will check out your suggestions.

Posted by
4637 posts

Pension Nossek, right on Graben. Big room, high ceiling, gorgeous breakfast. Little over hundred Euro.

Posted by
4137 posts

Prices as you are seeing for the area within the ring are about the going rate for that time of year - what kind of price are you looking for ?

Posted by
7010 posts

I stayed at the Classic Hotel Wien (https://www.classic-hotelwien.at/en/) and loved it. It's a lovely hotel with a wonderful staff. It's about 2 blocks walk to metro station but walkable to center if you're a walker, I think it was 2 stops to St Stephens Cathedral on the metro. Looks like prices for a double are €81-149 with breakfast included and there is a small discount if you book on their website.

Posted by
4137 posts

I would second Nancy's recommendation - Taking her advice , we stayed there for three weeks last Autumn and loved the place - so much so , that we are returning this coming fall for two weeks more .

Posted by
7010 posts

I'm glad to hear that you liked it so much Steven. I recommend it a lot. It was one of my favorite hotels on my most recent trip.

Posted by
3809 posts

Pension Suzanne. Inside the ring, less than a block from the Staatsoper. Also Rick Steves recommended. Full of character. Lovely, lovely, lovely owners. I would expect price to be comparable to others you have posted.

Value-priced option: Motel One Staatsoper. A block outside the ring, steps from the Karlsplatz U station. Part of a German chain that targets business travelers and offers stylish, spotless, tiny rooms. This hotel is in an older building that has been renovated -- the building's character has been respected/preserved while some modern twists have been added. 70-80 euro per night. Air-conditioning, which may be nice if it's a warm May.

I have stayed at both and recommend both.

Posted by
305 posts

Thanks again for all responses. Guess I was hoping for something decent up to Euro 125, but realized Rick Steve's Vienna book is three years old. Thanks for Suzanne, that might be the one.

Posted by
10177 posts

We stayed at K&T Boardinghouse last May. It wasn't fancy, but it was clean and very satisfactory. I would stay there again. The location was fine. Walkable to some things and close to the metro for others.

Posted by
2020 posts

We leave in September, but have booked Pension Wild based on location, price, and reviews. Perhaps it might suit your needs.