Please sign in to post.

local site seeing in salzberg

Hi after my Swiss tour m visiting salsberg for 2nites n vienna for 1 nite.later flying out to India.do I need to take a pass or so to move arnd in local transport....in salzberg or a point to point ticket works out better.if buying a pass shud I go for two days pass???,
V r taking the sound of music tour.ny other tour u suggest v must take or could go on our own.heard bout d salt mine tour.is it worth it or shall v skip??pls guide me as to how we could make use of our time effectively in these two places without much of a hassel..n wastage of time.my dates r 11-14 September.NY clue bout d weather......do get back at d earliest.......
Thank you

Posted by
987 posts

Many of the sights within Salzburg are fairly central and you can walk between them (old town, the fortress, Mirabell Gardens, Mozart houses.) As long as you don't mind walking, I wouldn't get any type of bus pass. If you are in Salzburg for 2 nights and you are already taking an SOM tour, I wouldn't take another tour. I would spend the rest of the time seeing sights on my own. If you are interested in it, in the evening a good thing to do is attend a Mozart concert or dinner concert. I have been in Salzburg that time of year and the weather was great-sunny and probably in the upper 70s F most days-but you can't predict what will happen this year. It could be much warmer or cooler and/or more rain.

Posted by
16893 posts

I agree with Leigh's reply. The salt mine tour is different and interesting, but I would not choose it over having time to see Salzbug pretty well.

Posted by
29 posts

Thank you.any particular area we can just hang around in d evening to soak in the weather.wats this salt mine tour??,how about a visit to the fort by a furnicular train .....immaterial of attending the concert.any gud n convenient hotel, centrally located n close to these sites you can suggest us.pls help