Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help please

Hello, I am in st johan Im pogue at the moment with my husband. We have a car and have been traveling from Vienna, with many stops along the way. We stayed in st Wolfgang last night. Tomorrow we want to hike the gorge here and after that I need some ideas for our next night. After the gorge I thought we could stop in zell am see for lunch then head over to the Kimml waterfall. I need a place to stay tomorrow night not too far from there. The next night I plan on being in Innsbruck for one night and then to Salzburg for 3 nights. We don’t mind the one nighters and have been lucky finding great accommodations, some even have half board which is the best ! Anyone know of a good place (that is open lol this time of year )?
Thank you so much !!
Beth

Posted by
256 posts

What a delightful road trip! Is the Grossglockner still open? Are you planning on driving it, if so? I had to google map St Johan Im Pongau. I love when someone brings a new destination to light.
I don’t have a firsthand lodging recommendation you unfortunately. An Austrian road trip is still in the formative stage for me. Please share your experiences with us here on the forum via a trip report when all is said and done. I’d love to hear more about trip! Sounds brilliant!

Posted by
1907 posts

I am not familiar with all these towns in the area you are visiting. But all of them have a website and a tourism board which will hopefully help you to find an accommodation.

Posted by
1293 posts

If not too late... I stayed at Gasthof Finkenhof near Krimml in the Spring. Don't know if they are open now and I think Monday is Ruhetag. Close by I stopped at Gasthof Friedburg & Bauernhof Oberscheffau for a drink and the good view. Pension Gasthof Falkenstein looked unique perched on the hill.