Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help

I am on travel brain overload. We have 2.25 days in Vienna. Just need some help on when to see what. At the top of the list is Hofburg Imperial Apartments and treasury, Schonbrunn Palace and some of the gardens, and Kunsthistorisches Museum, St stephens Cathedral and possibly opera house. Planning on getting oriented with the ringstrasse tour and RS walking tour and open to other suggestions if there is time such as Belvedere, etc. I honestly don't know how much time to plan on for everything. Sadly this time my party is not interested in any musical events. Also, is buying the vienna pass (with travel card) the best way to proceed and if so, is this best purchased online prior to our trip?

Posted by
11147 posts

We enjoyed visiting the Freud Museum in his former apartment where he lived before fleeing the Nazis.

Posted by
1900 posts

Don't overload your brain by squeezing numerous sights into a minute time frame. You will need time to enjoy and to digest.

You would not assume to be able to read "Ulysses" in half an hour.

Posted by
5374 posts

To important details please - when are you coming and where are you staying?

Posted by
5 posts

Arriving on Tuesday, late afternoon April 2, and leaving early Friday morning. Staying just outside the ring.