Please sign in to post.

Innsbruck

We are planning a trip for next August and are looking for an overnight stay in Innsbruck. We will be arriving by train from Fussen and continuing on to Lucerne the following day and would like to be near the train station

Posted by
839 posts

We have stayed at both the Hotel Zach and the Hotel Central. Both are nice enough places. I prefer the Zach.

Have fun!

Posted by
1216 posts

The old town is a fairly quick and easy walk even with a bit of luggage - not heaps though. I usually have a roller and a tote. I would look there for a place to stay and maybe dine with a little more character. I have stayed three times in Goldener Adler. Meets my needs and location is great.

Be mindful of the day you arrive if you are thinking of dining off munchies in your room. Take advantage of the little supermarket in the train station rather than being stranded when other stores are closed. That goes for wine, too. Of course, restaurants are open, just keeping all options open....

Posted by
11247 posts

We stayed at Stage 12 in the old town and enjoyed our brief visit. Very convenient, great breakfast, and I think less than 15 minutes walk from the station.