Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Salzburg

I am planning a trip to Salzburg in September. When looking at the reviews for hotels, a number of people mentioned the noise issue due to the restaurants and bars nearby. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in a quiet area but also close to the city center? Thanks!

Posted by
2026 posts

We stayed at Die Weisse Taube a few years ago. Great location, pleasant breakfast and nice people; they spent a long while making phone calls to help us solve a problem with a reservation in our next destination. I am pretty sensitive to noise issues and had no problems at all. Safe travels.

Posted by
824 posts

Will you have a car or are you arriving/departing by some other means?

I will be staying at Pension Am Eschenbach, because they have free parking, in May. This hotel, which seems to have pretty favorable reviews for the last couple years, is along to the Salzach river and a walkable distance to the Altstatd center. If you watch the forum in late May, you should be able to find my review...

I would expect the restaurant/bar noise to be worse in the Alstadt hotels. If noise is an issue for you, you might want to look a few blocks away from the pedestrian squares. Also, newer hotels (or newly renovated) usually have windows that are better at blocking noise.

Posted by
5581 posts

We stayed at Hohenstauffen near the train station. The area immediately around isn't all that interesting, but its about 7 minutes to the river and a pleasant 15 minutes to the old part of time. Its very affordable, pleasant, family run, large rooms with an included amazing breakfast.

Posted by
94 posts

We stayed at Pension Katrin last April. It was about a 15-20 minute walk to the old town through quiet suburbs & there was a bus stop 2 minutes away. It was safe to walk even at night with our boys (ages 15 & 11). Very quiet but a few restaurants right near by. Sandra was a great host and the breakfasts were fantastic!
http://pension-katrin.hotels-salzburg.org/en/

Posted by
864 posts

Boutique Hotel am Dom; quiet, modern, in s small alley right in the center of the old part of the city.

Posted by
20 posts

Thank you for your suggestions. I will not have a car. Has anyone stayed at Hotel Mozart and what do you think about it?

Posted by
5382 posts

I haven’t stayed at Hotel Mozart, but 1,149 people have and shared their experience on TripAdvisor. Another 1,561 people have stayed there and reviewed it on booking.com.

I personally love the Hotel Auersperg. I think that the Linzer Gasse area is a great area to stay.

Posted by
1 posts

I highly recommend you also visit the countryside of Salzburg. There are great places we saw outside the city. When we visited Hallstatt we stayed at an amazing small hotel in the Dachstein Region (Dachstein West) Hotel Kronenhirsch. But please rent a car! Public Transport outside the city is sometimes a nightmare...

Enjoy Salzburg!

Posted by
873 posts

Just stayed in Hotel Wolf and loved it.....the only downside is that their breakfast buffet did not offer any hot eggs......which we missed. It is right on an old town square and a great location. Martin works the desk and was a great help to us!

Posted by
32202 posts

hoken,

I've stayed at THIS hotel in Salzburg on a couple of different trips and would certainly recommend it. It's in a great location on a street with lots of restaurants, and an easy walk to the old town. The room was a bit "basic" but it was clean and comfortable and I have no complaints. I'm usually only in the room to sleep and shower, so don't need posh accommodations.

There is a church nearby which rings bells at different hours, but the bells seem to be "quiet" at night.