Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Salzburg

My husband and I are travelling to Salzburg in early September. Could somebody recommend some good hotels with AC to stay while in Salzburg ?

Posted by
5369 posts

AC will be entirely unnecessary in September in Salzburg. What are your dates? Have you looked at booking.com?

Posted by
114 posts

I wanted to stay somewhere in the Old Town and I wasn't sure if ac is needed or not.

Posted by
803 posts

We were in Salzburg last September and did need AC! We stayed at Hotel Wolf-Dietrich, but in order to have A/C you must book a room in the "Residenz" portion which is directly across the street from the main hotel. Our room was spacious, modern, large bathroom, black-out shades, king bed and small sofa. Perfect! Breakfast is included. https://www.salzburg-hotel.at/en/rooms-and-suites/double-rooms/

Posted by
8124 posts

We've always stayed in B&B's when visiting Salzburg. It's a relatively compact city, and many very nice places to stay are short walks from the center city. Our last visit was on a small farm about 4 miles out of town and we took the city bus into town--magnificent accommodations.
We've found the locals to be like a bunch of travel guides--very accommodating bunch.

Posted by
114 posts

Thank you everybody for the fast reply. I am looking at Hotel Elefant right now.

Posted by
4637 posts

Like Maria we also stayed at hotel Elefant and have nothing but praise. They have AC but it was not needed. We were there in September.

Posted by
262 posts

Just got back from Salzburg and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Pitter
-10 min walk from train station and 10 min walk to Old Town
-great sized rooms & bathrooms in great shape
-busses to everywhere have stops within a block of Hotel
-great outdoor deck restaurant on top of Hotel with views of Castle
-very reasonable pricing
...Highly recommend

Posted by
114 posts

@deeganm : I was looking at the Crowne Plaza , but I noticed that some of the restaurants I was looking at were across the river in the Old Town . It looks like a good 15-20 minutes walk .Are there good restaurants near Crowne Plaza or do you have to go into Old Town for more choices ?

Posted by
262 posts

And, nice outdoor restaurant a block away and top of hotel...you can walk to old town in a few minutes or hop a bus...the Hotel is also only a ten min walk from train station.