Please sign in to post.

hotels in hallstatt

2 adults in 50s planning on spending a couple days in Hallstatt August 2018. any suggestions on hotels? or would it be better
to stay somewhere else and day trip? any tips on sites? thanks for your thoughs!

Posted by
671 posts

Last September we stayed in Hallstatt while on a RS My Way Alpine Tour. We stayed at the Hotel Gruner Baum and it was so luxurious! We wouldn't normally stay at such a nice place (it was clearly the fanciest of the hotels on the tour).

Posted by
13943 posts

Ditto padams experience, except I was on the GAS tour. My room looked out on the square and it was so cool! Bathroom big enough to have a cocktail party in, lol. The restaurant was very good as well.

Posted by
32212 posts

kathy,

The answer will probably depend on your budget. If you want a posh room and willing to pay for it, Seehotel Grüner Baum would be an excellent choice. If you'd prefer a lower cost option, you might have a look at Gasthof Simony which is right next door to Grüner Baum. Simony has that old fashioned charm with creaky floors and lots of character, lakefront views and it's perfectly comfortable (although the WC won't be large enough to hold a cocktail party in).

There are lots of other choices, so you could also have a look at Trip Advisor or other websites.

Posted by
84 posts

thank you for so very much for your suggestions i will look into these hotels...

Posted by
808 posts

Kathy,
We opted for less luxurious accommodations and stayed at Gasthof Pension Gruner Anger. It's a B&B that is a 10 minute walk down the main street of Hallstatt until you reach downtown. It's easy to locate and has its own private parking, so there is no hassle with your car. We had a very large room with a sofa, comfortable bed, the pension was immaculately clean and it included a good breakfast. We spent the morning exploring Dachstein-Salzkammergut and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have a great trip!
http://www.dachstein-salzkammergut.com/en/dachstein/above-ground/5fingers/