Please sign in to post.

Help with hotel choice

We are trying to decide among a few hotels for a stay next June: Pension Suzanne, Hotel Austria, Das Capri. Pension Suzanne doesn't have a/c, but reviews of Hotel Austria cite that their a/c is not very effective, so maybe that doesn't much matter. Both seem to be very centrally located for walking almost everywhere we'd like to go. Das Capri is less central but it appears that there is a subway stop very nearby. Rates are almost identical at all three. Any thoughts are most appreciated.

Posted by
5372 posts

Maybe you don’t realize how small Vienna is? It seems that a/c is very important to you. Honestly, none of these would be my choice. What are your dates?

Posted by
1896 posts

Go to HRS (hotel reservation system), switch to English, enter your dates and maximum price, and see what is being offered. You can narrow your search, e.g. by distance from the center, etc.

If something looks appealing you can search then for reviews, e.g. on TripAdvisor.

https://www.hrs.com/

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you. It is true, that I may be overestimating Vienna's size and will consult Google maps to get a better sense of walking distances between points. Dates are 6/15-6/21 of 2019. Budget is approximately $200-$250 per night. Yes, a/c is a preference. What would your recommendations be?

Posted by
5372 posts

My recommendations:

Hotel Altstadt Vienna - Small Luxury Hotel chain, such a lovely area near great restaurants, Spittelberg and the MuseumsQuartier.

Hotel Spiess & Spiess - great shady location, near my home market, Rochusmarkt, which is terrific on Saturdays.

Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design - also a terrific location and highly recommended by locals.

All of these have AC, are in your price range and are available on your dates. The first two include breakfast. I found these on Booking.com.

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you, Emily; having your suggestions is very useful. All three look great. I had considered Spiess and Spiess, but wasn't sure what the location was like in terms of restaurants/neighborhood, so your comments are helpful. Being a bit out of the tourist center can be appealing--we like wandering around neighborhoods as well as seeing "the sights." Rathaus had also been on my original list and I'll take another look.