Please sign in to post.

Hallstatt to Fussen?

Hello,
We plan to spend 3 nights in Salzburg, then 2 nights in Hallstatt. My question is, what is the best way to get from Hallstatt to Fussen (planning to spend 3 or 4 days in Fussen before flying out of Munich).

Thanks,
Nancy

Posted by
4858 posts

You can look at rome2rio for alternatives. A car is fastest, but that would mean going back into Austria after Fussen to drop off before going on to Munich. Otherwise it's a combo of bus and train, taking 7ish hours.

Posted by
1906 posts

The train ride would be 6½ hours with 4 changes.

A private shuttle would be €350 at least.

Posted by
48 posts

I'm thinking we will just rent a car for the whole 10 days, into and out of Munich. Thanks for your help.
Nancy

Posted by
613 posts

You didn't ask, but 2 nights in Hallstatt is 3 nights too many.

Having driven all over this region many times, I'd do this: Hallstatt to Gosausee, Rt 160 to the expressway to Salzburg to Lofer to Innsbruck. Take 3-4 days to see Innsbruck and environs and the 3 mountain valley roads just west of Innsbruck-- Oetztal, Pitztal, & Kaunertal which are 3 of the best mountain drives in the Alps. I can't remember if it took me 2 or 3 days to do them.

Then the road just west of Innsbruck to Fussen going thorough a town whose name starts with 'R' if memory serves.

Stay in Hall in Tirol.