Please sign in to post.

Gift for host

Hello all..we are guests in a home in the lakes district for a week..I would like to bring g a very nice gift for our hosts. If you all have any suggestions I'm all ears. Thank you!

Posted by
11457 posts

Perhaps something your state is known for or that the gift is symbolic of. A locally made item is nice.

Posted by
1395 posts

What do you mean by being “guests in a home”? Are you staying, free of charge, with friends or family? Or are you a paid guest in an Airbnb or similar?
If it’s friends or family, bring something you know they like. Every few years I stay with a dear friend and her family who live in the Caribbean and I always bring a personal gift for each member of the family.
If it’s a Airbnb for which you pay, no need to bring a gift.

Posted by
5450 posts

If it’s an AirBnb or a paid rental, then a very positive review would be a welcome gift.

If these are friends, then I suggest some food items from Trader Joe’s. If they don’t like then, I’ll take them :)

Posted by
291 posts

Thank you all for your reply. We are guests, staying for free, with friends. I will find something local.

Posted by
5662 posts

Another possibility would be to treat them to dinner at a restaurant while you are there.

Posted by
1070 posts

Flowers. Take something additional if you want, but in Europe it's flowers that are considered a host gift.