Please sign in to post.

First time Europe itinerary help

Hi Guys/Gals,

First time posting on this forum after stumbling upon it and being very impressed with the information provided by both the website and the forum.

My girlfriend and I are from New Zealand and have never been to Europe at all before but we are based out of China these days so thought why not make it up there for a winter trip. We have around 16 days available for Chinese New year 2019 and were thinking of combining both Austria and Switzerland with a quick stop in Liechtenstein as well. We are happy to either fly into Vienna and out of Zurich or vice versa. We like the outdoors and natural beauty but would also like to experience some European culture/history and food on this trip (I guess you could say a little but of everything) as well as maybe a day or so skiing along the way.

We are both well travelled but having never been to Europe i dont know where to start so was hoping somebody could provide a sensible route to follow and how to incorporate some train travel as to best experience Europe for the first time. It might seem like an ambitious trip but we would like to get a really good taste for all things on offer as im sure it will be the first of many trips to the region.

Thanks, Lewis.

Posted by
32700 posts

Lewis,

Have you read previous discussions about Liechtenstein here on the Forums? You can find if you use the search facility (different places on different devices - top of each page on a laptop, behind the three stripes on some smaller devices) but I will save you some of the effort by saying you will find very few saying anything good about it - a few but a very small percent. I personally only return when I have to pass through to reach another place.

What draws you to Liechtenstein?