Please sign in to post.

Esim Recommendations

Hello,

I will be going to Germany, Austria, and Northern Italy in late September - mid October. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good company to use for purchasing an esim for those countries.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
King regards!

Posted by
273 posts

If you need a "local" phone number (French #) and data, Orange has been very easy and reliable for us. If you just need data, Orange is fine, but Airalo gets lots of recommendations too.

Posted by
934 posts

Airalo and Nomad seem to be the most reliable choices for data-only eSIMs. Orange Holiday if you also require a European phone number and calling capabilities; you'll pay substantially more for one of those. I've also had good luck with Sparks, and they're cheaper than Airalo and Nomad. My current data eSIM was purchased through MobiMatter, and it's also working fine.

Posted by
335 posts

We have used Roamless in Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, and Spain. It worked seamlessly when moving between countries. Just turn on the esim when you land in Europe and turn off your primary sim. I loaded $25 onto my account at the start of summer. We were in Europe for a total of 3 weeks this summer on two different trips, and I still have over $19 in my account. Your balance stays in your account and there is no limit on number of days the esim is active. We've had no issues with coverage. One other poster commented on another thread that coverage was spotty in England, if I am remembering correctly.

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Now, I have some ideas, and I certainly have some research about esim providers to do.

Thanks again!