Please sign in to post.

Covid Vacc over 270 days

As luck would have it, my last vaccination was 300 days ago. I had some reactions getting the vaccination and am hesitant to get a booster because of that. When I go to Vienna in December, since I am 300 days out, am I treated as if I had not been vaccinated?

Posted by
5384 posts

Yes, it’s like you’ve had nothing. You won’t be able to go anywhere or do anything. People in that situation are in lockdown.

Posted by
8375 posts

Joseph, what a dilemma! Check with your Dr about what he/she advises. Wishing you the best possible outcome.

Posted by
1906 posts

In Austria applying the booster shot (3rd vaccination) is in full swing already.

Posted by
2732 posts

Joseph I understand your concern about vaccine reaction. It took me three days to feel good after my second Moderna shot. My hubby had no reaction. But I have more concerns about getting a break-through case so I got my booster a few weeks ago. All shots were Moderna. The booster is a 1/2 dose according to the CVS pharmacist. I still got a reaction but not as bad. I get reactions to all shots: flu, tetanus, etc. But the Covid booster is worth it based on current science and break though experiences among acquaintances.
I will get another booster next summer before my September trip.

Posted by
397 posts

I get my booster this afternoon, exactly 22 days before I am scheduled to enter Austria. I will get what the other two shots were, Pfizer.

Posted by
1481 posts

I am getting my Moderna booster tomorrow morning and I plan to be in Austria May, 2022. I hope that boosters will be approved for everyone soon as my healthy son is my travel companion.

Posted by
8375 posts

Joseph, I am glad that you found a solution that will work for you. I am also quite happy that you paid attention to the entrance requirements and were able to do what was needed to stay eligible. I keep hearing so many horror stories of people getting turned away from vacation plans because they did not keep up with the requirements.

Have a great trip!

Posted by
13 posts

I am a little confused about the 270 days. If I have my booster does that waive the requirement that the second shot be within the last 270 days?

Posted by
2732 posts

Joseph, I’m so glad you getting your booster shot today. A neighbor just came down with a break through case. Worse tho’ is an acquaintance with underlying health problems who got a break through case a week before her booster appointment and spent 5 days in the hospital. Be safe everyone!!

Posted by
1906 posts

The booster shot resets the clock. At the moment the 3rd vaccination expires after 360 days as a proof of being fully vaccinated.

Posted by
7552 posts

Just to clarify for others, if you had the two dose vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer), you are good for 360 days after the second shot, 270 days applies to the one shot J&J.

The upper limit of days has regularly been increased over the last 6 months or so, as the test groups have passed milestones, though recommendations for boosters may fix the numbers where they are.

Austria has also required boosters, effective mid December, for those over 65.

Posted by
397 posts

Regarding my booster, c'est un fait accompli. Got it done. Feel a little disoriented, chills, but not too bad. Glad this forum exists, otherwise I might have ended locked up in the room for my entire Vienna stay.

Posted by
531 posts

Emily…on your link…if you scroll down to Public Life it states if you have had the third shot aka Booster….you are good for 360 days.

Posted by
5384 posts

Yes, I think that is a recent change. Things change daily here…

Posted by
5384 posts

The OP can’t even come to Austria now. What a shame.