Please sign in to post.

Concert in Salzburg

Has anyone gone to a concert in Salzburg? I saw that there are concerts at both the palace and the fortress - looking for recommendations.
Thanks.

Posted by
1219 posts

Palace hands down. We were just there in May and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Mozart and Vivaldi in a Baroque setting.

Posted by
671 posts

We went to a concert at the Mirabell Palace; the setting was lovely, and the music was high quality.

Posted by
3044 posts

Aside from the comments about the quality of the music and location, the prices were not excessive. We did this in 2015. Very pleasant. Glass of champagne at half-time while the refs discussed the penalty kick - also good.

Posted by
362 posts

We did both Mirabell & the fortress last year & preferred the latter. Mirabell packed us in like sardines.

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks for your input. It sounds like both concerts are good and preferable for different reasons.

Posted by
5697 posts

Or there's a short recital in the Residence (usually 1-2 performers) most evenings about 5 p.m. -- less elaborate than the others but beautiful music, and less pricey. And much more intimate.

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks, Laura B. I'll hadn't seen that concert in my search. I'll have to check into that.