Please sign in to post.

"Christmas in Vienna"

This is the title of a corny Hallmark romcom movie-
BUT-
the scenes of Xmas in Vienna, including the xmas markets, are worth watching the movie. I fast-forwarded thru the romance scenes, to view the Vienna landscapes.

Just a covid distraction.....

Posted by
3961 posts

I will admit I watched the film for the lovely scenes in Vienna. We enjoyed seeing the Christmas Markets that were featured. We were in lovely Vienna September 2019. It was nice to revisit sights that were featured in the film. One of our favorites was touring the Opera House. It included back stage. Nice to reminisce.

Posted by
2339 posts

Thanks for posting!
Hallmark movies are so not my thing, so I wouldn't have looked for this. I have it set to record to see if it brings back fond memories of a December visit to Vienna a few years ago.

Posted by
1541 posts

We are going to watch at 9pm tonight. Austria is one of our favourite places!

Posted by
1541 posts

Well thank goodness for beautiful Vienna because that was one of the worst Hallmark Christmas movies I've ever seen!

Posted by
169 posts

It had more scenes of the landmarks than most of their "destination" movies...

Might have the husband convinced for a Christmas Market trip in the future -- If I can convince him that it never gets below 60 Fahrenheit over there in December :-} ... Ho Ho HO!!

Posted by
4256 posts

quilter17, I'm with your husband but that really restricts your destination choices!

Posted by
164 posts

@andrea, this was the first time I've watched a Hallmark Christmas movie, so I can't comment on the quality of the plot as compared to other ones. However, much to my surprise, since I watched just to see the scenery, I enjoyed this movie - I found it very soothing - no mention of covid, politics, etc. just 2 hours of escapism. It was like drinking a comforting cup of hot chocolate. I think I may watch a few more....

Also, it brought back pleasant memories of the Christmas markets river cruise I took with my daughter in Dec. of 2016. We made a stop in Vienna, I loved it and have been back twice since, in Sept. 2017 and Sept. 2019. Longing to go back again.

Posted by
10178 posts

I’ve never watched Hallmark for any kind of movie, but I quite enjoyed seeing Vienna in its holiday splendor. It was a nice escape for a couple of hours, and reinforced my desire to do a trip that includes Christmas markets.

Posted by
4256 posts

I agree that the plots are mostly the same on Hallmark movies, but I appreciate the upbeat, happy endings of the ones that I do watch, a marked contrast to the Netflix series that premiered on the 15th.

Posted by
5362 posts

I’d watch it but I can’t access it here in Vienna. I’ll live it instead.

Posted by
1875 posts

Yes, obviously the video has been removed because uploading it to YouTube is an infringement of Hallmark's copyrights. I don't know how long it stayed there before this was noticed. I guess sooner or later it may reappear again.

If you search for "Christmas in Vienna" in YouTube you will find a lot of nice stuff, anyway.

Posted by
2599 posts

I keep trying to catch this one, though I am most definitely not a Hallmark movie fan I will be very happy to see Vienna...or wistful, it could go either way. Last weekend I caught the beginning of Paddington 2 and burst into tears when they showed one of my favorite places to visit in London, the Portobello Road market.

Posted by
164 posts

I watched this and must confess to really enjoying it - partly because it let me see Vienna again, and the Christmas markets that I visited with my daughter a few years ago, but also because for 2 hours there was no mention of Covid, politics.....it's pure escapism.