Please sign in to post.

Austrian Airlines - Direct Service Vienna to Boston in Spring 2020

Austrian Airlines has announced direct service between Vienna and Boston starting in Spring 2020. Here are the details:

https://www.austrianairlines.ag/Press/PressReleases/Press/2019/11/072.aspx?sc_lang=en&mode=%7B30999B4B-42D0-45A6-B671-FE5E3CB68ED8%7D

Austrian Airlines already has direct service from Vienna to Newark, JFK, Chicago, Washington DC and Los Angeles.

Very nice for me and hopefully nice for RS travelers as well, particularly as Austrian is a high quality airline.

Posted by
10218 posts

I used United airline miles to book a trip for this coming September. My flights from Los Angeles to Budapest with a plane change in Vienna were on Austrian. Twice my reservation on Austrian disappeared from my United itinerary, which I discovered by accident when I just happened to check. I don't know what the problem was. It could have been either United or Austrian. I'm guessing Austrian, since my Lufthansa flights were okay. Either way, because it happened twice I asked United if they would book me on another airline. They agreed to do so without a change fee. Possibly it was because I used miles to book rather than buying seats on Austrian, but I would advice anyone flying on any airline to frequently check their flights to verify nothing has changed.

Posted by
8437 posts

I've only flown them once, but was very impressed. Also the most authoritative, no-nonsense flight attendants I've come across.

Posted by
8437 posts

Andrea, I recall that our trip also had a blip. Ticketed through United, overseas flight was Lufthansa, return on Austrian. When we were checking in online for return (Austrian) flight, we could not find our reservation on either United or Austrian websites. A lucky guess and I found them on Lufthansa site, using the Lufthansa's record code.