Please sign in to post.

Austria Itinerary Help

Greetings!

We plan to visiting Austria from 21 Dec to 05 Jan 2018 (16days). We still considering of fly in to Munich and fly out from Vienna, or should just fly in and out from Munich?

My draft itinerary will be:

1.Austria - Hallstatt, Salzburg, Innsbruck , Zell am See
2.Hungary - Budapest
3.Czech Republic - Cesky Krumlov

Looking for some advice for itinerary above and number of days should spend for each city.

How the weather during end of December to 1st week of January? As depending on the weather, then we can decide whether go by public transportation or self drive.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
CY

Posted by
8141 posts

Over the Christmas Holidays is not exactly the optimum time of the year to visit Austria unless your purpose is skiing. You never know what weather is going to do either. I have seen it snowing in August in the Alps.
I have been to that region many, many times in the last 48 years including going to ski.
If you're going for the purpose of touring the countryside, pick a different time of the year. If you're going for winter sports, pick a central location to stay in, like Innsbruck, and work out of there--depending on the weather.
Otherwise, I would suggest flying into Munich, taking a train to Budapest and taking a train to Vienna where you could fly home from.

Posted by
7 posts

Hi David,

Thanks for respond.

We not going for any skiing, just that we always saw a lots of nice and beautiful winter scenery pics for Austria from internet, so wanted to visit Austria and due to my work schedules and only available during December.

Arrival: From Singapore -> Munich
Depart: Vienna -> Singapore
Date of travel: 20 Dec to 4 Jan

Based on my draft itinerary below:
1.Austria - Hallstatt, Salzburg, Innsbruck , Zell am See
2.Hungary - Budapest
3.Czech Republic - Cesky Krumlov

What would be you recommend route for this?