Hi fellow travellers,
My wife and I are planning to visit Austria + Germany for ~2 weeks in mid-May, 2020 and have come up with the below itinerary. Any suggestions/advice on the same would be highly appreciated! (eg: are we packing too much into this itinerary, any areas we should drop in suggestion for something else etc).
Note: We plan to rent a car in Vienna and use the same for the entire duration of our stay in Austria
1) Fly into Vienna
2) Day 1,2,3 - Vienna City
3) Day 4 - Drive to Melk/Wachau Valley/durnstein & stop overnight in Steyr
4) Day 5,6,7 - Salzkammergut area
5) Day 8,9 - Salzburg
6) Day 10 - Berchtesgaden
7) Day 11,12 - Base in Zell Am See and visit nearby sights (Kaprun, Grosslockner, Krimml)
8) Day 13 - Drive from Zell Am see to Nuchwanstein Castle. Drive back to Innsbruck for overnight stay
9) Day 14 - Innsbruck
10) Day 15,16 - Drop car at Innsbruck and train-ride to Munich.Spend 2 days in Munich
11) Day 17 - Fly back from Munich
1) In order to avoid the high internation one-way rental fees, we are planning to drive from Zell Am See to Nuchwanstein & then return to Innsbruck. Would this be doable?
Thanks in advance for all the insight/advice!