Please sign in to post.

2 nights in Salzburg

Our group will be spending 2 nights in Salzburg in October. We will be coming in on the train at around noon from Vienna and plan to see the Salzburg Marionette show the first evening. The second day we will be taking an all day tour to Eagle's Nest, returning at around 6pm. We will then board a train to Munich. Any suggestions on the best location we would want to stay while in Salzsburg? Would we want to stay near the train station or the City Center? We will have to pick up our bags that we have stored at the hotel before taking off to the train station. Any help is appreciated!

John

Posted by
1900 posts

So you have twice half a day, i.e. on your day of arrival and departure, respectively. Not very much.

The city of Salzburg is not big. The train station is about one mile away from the historic center. Several bus lines run to the train station. If you have bulky or heavy luggage I would suggest to stay closer to the train station.

Posted by
46 posts

My wife & I stayed for 2 nights in old town at the Altstadthotel Weisse Taube. Central to all the cute shops & restaurants and easy bus ride to the train station. Make sure to check out Augustinerbräu - Kloster Mülln for the excellent bier, and selection of foods. Truly Austrian gutmütigkeit!

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you for your responses. Yes, two partial days is not long enough, but the time in Salzburg is kind of a bonus between our time in Vienna and Munich.