Please sign in to post.

Apartments in Vienna

Hello:
Wondering if anyone can recommend an apartment in Vienna - traveling in December. (The one Alex recommended in another thread is booked for a few of the days I will be there.)
Would like it near U-Bahn station, downtown is good, but if it is a nice district a little from downtown that would be OK too.
Thanks,
Gerry

Posted by
731 posts

Hi Gerry,

Check out Rosa Linde. They have 2 B&B rooms, plus an apartment. We haven't stayed here, but I did quite a bit of research looking for a place when we thought we were going to Vienna on our last trip and this place looked great!

Posted by
527 posts

Gerry,
I can recommend another, but it is out in Floridsdorf, which is 15-20 min from center. We rented from Ilona Kaminek twice before and had a wonderful experience with her apartments here is the link:
http://www.apartment.at/apartment/193
She is very easy to deal with and though it seems too far out we actually didn't mind at all. She will even pick you up at the airport for a small fee.

Posted by
106 posts

My girlfriend and I have had good luck using Airbnb on our past few trips. We're heading into Vienna in a few weeks, and staying here

Posted by
8130 posts

When I go to Vienna, I stay where Rick Steves used to stay: K&T Boardinghouse. Tina and Kaled are great hosts.

They have two locations across the street from each other one metro stop outside of The Ring. The newest property is 50' from the entrance to the metro. The bus stop outside takes you to the main trains station. The neighborhood is bustling with many shops and restaurants, etc.

We were there in April, and the rate is 79 euros daily. The rooms are huge--and spotless.

Posted by
2622 posts

We stayed at Pension Sacher. It's a group of a few apartments and very well run. We had a beautiful studio that looked right out onto St. Stephan's. The location was truly phenomenal and the apartment was full of beautiful antique furniture. The owners speak English and were extremely kind. One of them let us tour every apartment and they were all equally nice. We paid $470 for three nights in 2012. Here's a link: http://www.pension-sacher.at/en

Posted by
471 posts

I have stayed at this apartment with my family: http://www.vrbo.com/537794ha I highly recommend it as it is very close to a tram stop and U-Bahn station as well. We had no problems at all and would stay here again if ever in Vienna! In a nice, safe neighborhood as well and quite spacious. Good Luck!

Posted by
5697 posts

When in December ?? Just booked an apartment for the last week (New Year's Eve and a few days into January) and the owner noted that hotels and apartments are really booked up for that period. Check on HomeAway/VRBO to see what's available there.

Posted by
175 posts

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I have booked the one Alex recommended (Apts. Augarten) - the landlady was able to make it work for my days. Nice to have a choice for the future so I am glad to have all these other suggestions.

Gerry

Posted by
527 posts

Congrats Gerry,
Beatrix is excellent and the apartments are wunderbar. Try her restaurant on the ground floor Zur Reblaus.
Tell her my Jack Russell, Thor, misses her place.