Please sign in to post.

Tour guide in Vienna

As I wrote in another post for Prague, one of the very best things we did was arrange for tour guides. Through one of our Prague guides, Vaclav Storek, who was recommended in the Rick Steves' book on Prague, we were able to contact Katharina Saudino to help us in Vienna.

We were able to contact Katharina through Vaclav's recommendation, and she also was not only a wealth of knowledge of the history and culture of Vienna, but also of the ins and outs of visiting sites, shopping, dining, etc. All of her recommendations were excellent, and she was able to guide us to the front of many lines (e.g. Schonbrunn Palace, so that we wouldn't have to spend precious time waiting), recommended wonderful (and moderately priced) restaurants to us, and made sure that, when we had things planned without her, that we always knew where to go and how to get there. She helped us with mundane things - where was a good cash machine (and at our request made sure we understood how to use it!), purchasing tickets for events, how to ride the subway, etc. We hope return to Vienna sometime next year, and before we do we will contact Katharina to make sure that she is available to guide us again. She made it easy for us to enjoy our visit in Vienna, and helped create memorable and meaningful memories of what has now become our favorite city - Vienna. We will always be grateful to her for introducing us to Demel's, the scrumptious pastry/coffee haus in Vienna!

Posted by
38 posts

Thanks for the info Maria.Holperin!!! Was she very expensive? She sounds great!

Posted by
125 posts

Can you please give us her contact information, I would like to use her service.

Posted by
3 posts

My wife and I will be visiting Vienna this year during the first week of December 2014. Your guide, Katharina, sounds like an able and trusted guide. Can you provide me with her contact info? We will be there for one week and would like an insiders' view of the fabulous city.

Posted by
3 posts

Hi - Katharina's email address is k.saudino@aon.at

Her rate was about $50 per hour, however, both days we used her she stayed much longer and didn't charge us. Hope this helps!

Also, you might want to check out the Musikverein concerts - Viator has a special dinner/concert package. It was well worth it. This is the same music hall that the famous New Year's Day concert is held in. The Mozart Orchestra, not the Vienna Philharmonic, performed, but they were excellent musicians and it was a wonderful concert. Dinner was at the Bristol Hotel and was elegant.

Don't miss Demel's coffee house for the most fabulous pastries in Vienna, as well as the Zwolf Apostelkeller - a Heurige style restaurant in a medieval building - charming - like something out of a Billy Wilder film! Hope you have a wonderful trip - Maria