Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Salzburg

Recommendations for mid-priced (good value, good location) hotel or B&B in Old Town of Salzburg? Share w/ me why you recommend this hotel or B&B. Thank you.

Posted by
987 posts

I stayed in the Christkoenig Hotel and really liked it. I is in a building built in the 1300s, which is one thing that caused me to choose it, plus it is right under the fortress and in a square directly behind the cathedral, so very good location. It was right in the middle of everything, but quiet at night. It had a fair breakfast and very nice staff. Staff is not always present, but that wasn't a problem for me. The room we had was big and clean, and we had a huge bathroom attached to the room. Not all rooms in this hotel have a separate bath.

Posted by
12172 posts

I like Institute San Sebastian. Great value, great location. It's really a college dorm; some rooms have a handful of bunk beds, others have three single beds with dedicated bathrooms. It's clean, well-run, cheap, and a short walk into the center. I love it but it isn't for the average American taste - think upscale hostel.

Posted by
5678 posts

I stayed at Hotel Krone when I visited Salzburg a few years ago. I really enjoyed staying there. I liked the location across the river, but nearby restaurants and close to one of the cemeteries. The breakfast was good. There was parking that was a city price, but with some reduction. My room was big and looked out on the back garden. And they were friendly and helpful. There was a computer in the lobby that you could use, and I see that they have wifi now. It has changed hands since I visited, but its looks like its still going well.

Posted by
597 posts

We stayed at the B&B HAUS BALLWEIN just outside of the city (in RS book). We rode the bus into old town and the bus stop is literally in front of the house. We had a great time and the value was good.

Posted by
32206 posts

I also stayed at Hotel Krone 1512 a few years ago, and would certainly recommend it. It's is a great location, the room was very comfortable, there are lots of nice restaurants in the area and they served a nice breakfast.

Posted by
2026 posts

We liked Die Weisse Taube . It is a easy to get to, a short tram from the train station and a two minute walk. Well located in the old town and easy access to all sights. Restaurants all around. A nice breakfast is provided in a pleasant breakfast area. The room was fine, quiet. When we had trouble arranging for our rooms in our next destination, the gentleman at the desk pulled out his cellphone and made several calls to Munich for us. Nice place. We bought the city pass from the TI and ended up planning our stay around it. Transportation was included. We thought it was a great value for the money, and introduced us to many things we hadn't known about. We stayed four days and found lots to see and do. .Have a great trip.

Posted by
818 posts

Weisse Taube (sp?) was great. Charming, convenient and we had a fairly big triple room (suite?).