Please sign in to post.

Early AM flight from Vienna

Will it be possible to take public transportation from downtown Vienna to the Vienna airport for a 6:30 flight?

Posted by
527 posts

If you catch the S7 out of Wien Mitte station, the first one departs at 4:30 am, takes about 25 min.

Posted by
527 posts

Yes, we have used Redcab before as well and they are excellent...should run you around 30 Euro.

Posted by
8125 posts

I am very careful when booking any European flights.

On most 6:00 a.m. flights, you're going to be flying to another larger European gateway airport and sitting around until around midday to catch the flight to North America.

It's bad enough that you've got to spend 8 to 13 hours flying home, but you've got to get up before the chickens and try to get to the airport before daybreak.

We try to get mid to late morning flights when leaving Europe so we can sleep until a normal time.

Posted by
527 posts

Well, David that is great, but it does not address the poster's question at all. If it is a 6:30 am flight,that is what it is, so let's try and work with the reality of the poster's question.

Posted by
5372 posts

Pre-booked taxi is the way to go at that hour. Use red cab as suggested. Will cost 29 Euros.

Posted by
19 posts

Yes - I live in Vienna and go back to the USA about twice a quarter and I usually get the early flight. Take the bus to the airport from Swedenplatz. It leaves ever half hour on the hour and half hour. I think around the clock, but I know there is one at 4. I have taken the 4:30 AM quite a few times. 8 euro one way. Dirk

Posted by
224 posts

When I had a 645 AM flight out of Vienna last year, I considered the Schwedenplatz bus, but it would have been quite a walk there as the hotel was near the Westbahnhof and the Ubahn was not yet open. So I splurged for the Red cab and it was a good choice. When I went downstairs at 430AM, the driver was peering through the glass door looking for signs of life. The hotel clerk was snoozing on the couch.