Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Vienna

Hello we will be arriving in Vienna on the 19th of Nov. We will be going to a concert at the gasometer. Wondering if this is central and If that is a good area to stay for 4 nights. Also I have never beento Vienna and would like to know what is a good area to stay in. We spent a month in Italy and stayed in appts in Rome and Florence. Do you think it would work well to stay in an appt In Vienna or do you suggest a hotel. It will
be my 70 year old father,myself and my 18 year old daughter. Any suggestions are helpful.

Posted by
8091 posts

We started staying at K&T Boardinghouse almost 20 years ago, as that is where Rick Steve's stayed. They moved into a new location closeby, and the rooms are huge. A metro entrance is just 50 feet across the street and it is just 1 stop or 5 minutes into The Ring. The neighborhood is a big pedestrian mall, and restaurants are decent. A double is 79 Euros which makes them a strong value. KTBoardinghouse.AT

Posted by
5362 posts

I would not choose to stay near Gasometer as it is neither central nor attractive. Gasometer is on the U3 subway line, so very easy to reach from anywhere in the city. Stay in the first district, near to sights.

Posted by
669 posts

We recently stayed at the K&T Boarding house and found it convenient and comfortable. We liked the fact that it was NOT in the main tourist section which was so crowded all the time.

Posted by
5697 posts

Loved K&T when it was in the old location up 97 steps -- great people, and MUCH easier to get to in the new location!