Please sign in to post.

hotels-pensions/ B&Bs for first time Sept 2018 visit to vienna

My wife and i, early to mid 60's, will be visiting Vienna for the first time in early september, staying 3 nights. We'd like to stay in the old central Vienna, and currently have no firm sightseeing plans other than we like music, pastry cafes, history; and and have looked closely at Rick's Eastern European guidebook suggestions, including Hotel Pertschy, Hotel Pension Suzanne, Zur Wiener Staatsoper, pension Aviano. Does anyone have any personal experience staying at any of these places? We are looking for a place with breakfast. Thanks for your input!!

Posted by
33 posts

Hi my family and I have stayed 4 times at Hotel Austria.
Am Fleischmarkt 20
A - 1010 Wien
Old fashioned service with great breakfasts, helpful staff who will print off your boarding passes, recommend delicious places to eat and even book reservations for you. Fantastic location 5 mins walk to St Stephens and it’s located down a quiet car free small street. So close to Metro station as well. It’s a 3 Star Hotel with character and won’t appeal if you’re after a modern 5 Star. It has a lift and only the budget rooms without ensuites aren’t airconditioned. Vienna is fab- have a great time!

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks much. This looks like a nice hotel.

Any downsides to this location that you can suggest?